Thursday, November 10, 2011

Boulder Innovations

I loved making this magnet board. I wanted to have something to post notes to my husband. First, I used glass pieces and used Aleene's Collage Pauge to adhere paper to the back. Once the collage glue dried, I attached a magnet with a low temperature glue gun, and trimmed any excess papter. The wood magnet was painted with Daniel Smith acrylic paint, then I used collage glue to attach the paper to the front. I added rhinestones for fun. I painted the board and then collaged the paper onto the main board, and once dry, affixed the metal which already had adhesive. I used a rotary tool to slightly distress the edges. The ribbon is attached with wood staples, and hot glue to keep the ribbon flat. A prima flower added the final accent.


I love how this fun project turned out. Collage is a great way to expand your papercrafting repertoire!


Supplies:
Paper- Authentique Free Bird: Comfort Multi Color Dot, Blush Rose Floral, Warmth Blue Vine
Ribbon- May Arts (Leopard) and American Crafts (Green)
Flower- Prima
Magnet Board- Boulder Innovations
Rhinestones- Createology
Decoupage Glue- Aleene's Collage Pauge

1 comment:

Sharing is fun! Please leave me a note below to say hi!