Wednesday, February 8, 2012

5 Things inspiring me

I thought I'd share a few things inspiring me recently.
www.manuelahorn.com or dreams.zinzanni.org/stpattys
1. Manuela Horn
Look at the Awesome Sauce that is Manuela.  This lovely lady is 6'2'  before heels.  As you may have seen in a previous post, she was the swing girl at Northwest Oktoberfest, and she is a featured performer at Teatro Zin Zanni.  She is freaking gorgeous in person, and a truly sweet person.  When she read my previous post, she tweeted it, and accepted my apology. I was floored that she was so gracious.  I was a fan before, but now, I am totally inspired by this woman. Look at those costumes, the mix of colors and the fun use of pattern.  I love the sense of whimsy surrounding her stage persona.  But, that's not all, Manuela is wicked talented and hilarious.  She sings, she yodels, and she is a comedienne.  I suggest you check out her "America's Got Talent" appearance, and her dominatrix cooking show.  How can you not love a yodeling dominatrix? You have no soul.  That's how.  Manuela Horn is worth a few minutes (or more) of your time.  Thanks for all you do, Manuela, keep up the inspiration.

http://thevintagetraveler.wordpress.com/2011/01/05/using-color-in-dating-vintage-clothing/
2.  1920's Color Pallate
The vintage traveler shared this 1920's color pallate on their blog, and look at the flow and the feel of this.  I love the Coralish reds, and the muted blues.  This whole pallate is calming, but I can still picture a thoroughly modern flapper sporting these colors on the way to a speakeasy.


3. Cherry Blooms
Maybe I am anxious for the start of spring, and the regrowth of green.  Or maybe I just miss the giant cherry tree that used to be in the backyard of my first house.  In any case, the contrast of dark to light, and the range of white to pink is just beautiful, and honestly, there is nothing more magical than a wind blowing the petals around you like a blizzard on a warm spring day.





4. Art and Design of India
I love the vibrant colors, the mix of gold, silver, and gemstones, and the unapologetic beauty that is in Indian art and design. 

http://www.pentel.com/store/pentel-arts/pens/stylo-sketch-pen
5. Pentel Stylo Sketch Pen
My new sketch pen.  This has a flexible nib that allows both a fine and a bold line.  I suppose one is either a pen person, or is not, and I fall fully on the pen junkie side.  My life is going to change due to this pen.  I just know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is fun! Please leave me a note below to say hi!