Summer days make me...
Crazy. Something about the heat and sun in downtown Olympia fills the streets with oddities, curios, and the buzz of a burgeoning freak show. Don't get me wrong, something about the brightness and the heat bring out the need of the street goers to celebrate their inner selves. Among the many amazing things I have seen in Olympia, here are my favorites:
- Numerous shoulder cat walkers.
- Camouflage outfit guy with a tail
- Tutu guy who dances in the park
- Hula hoops girl (many hoops at once)
- Solo kung foo fighter, who sadly, loses every time.
- Street kids, so hipster it hurts
- Homeless guy yard sale
- Pro-Pot advocates passed out with their signs in the park
I love Olympia, but some days it is just crazy.