Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Our 3rd Anniversary


Creating something for the purpose of giving it to someone sometimes makes the process of creating easier. The emotions, memories, and thoughts you have around that person brings a depth of history to the creating process. I share this collage canvas because it captures a simple statement, a moment and celebrates my 3rd anniversary. A simple gift, a heartfelt gift, for my love. I used Authentique Celebrate, Free Bird, and Uncommon for the papers, and this little canvas says a lot without actually saying it. 
The background is a floral, but it looks a little like the large snowflakes that fell after our wedding, large and wet, which was a perfect ending to our day. The flowers remind me of the way he was always working in the yard when I would stop by, him wearing a cowboy hat and cursing at not being able to tell the difference between the weeds and the flowers.  They also remind me of the statment he made to me after we had been dating for some time, "I've been known to give flowers." The funny thing was, he may have been known for it, but had never given any to me.  To this day, I have recieved flowers from him once.  We still laugh about that. He told me he loved me the first time by saying "I could fall in love with you." The photo, taken at the swap meet, really captures the fun we have together, no matter the setting.

Happy 3rd Anniversary, I am looking forward to many more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is fun! Please leave me a note below to say hi!