Friday, April 20, 2012

Journaling Prompt: Grey is my favorite color

Sometimes, coming up with the inspiration for a page can be extremely difficult.  Whether it is an artist's journal, a scrapbook page, or a diary, just starting the writing can be a challenge.  Today, I am beginning a weekly feature to help you jump start your creative process. 
What is your favorite color?
What is a title you can use with that color?
Ticked Pink
It was all Yellow
Orange you glad?
Why is this your favorite color?
What memories do you have of the color?
What does the color make you feel?

So here's my go at this week's Journaling Prompt:

Grey is my favorite color.
I felt so symbolic, yesterday (Counting Crows, Mr. Jones). Living in Western Washington you must embrace the grey, or surrender to the gloom that the filtered light brings in the long fall and winter months. My favorite grey is the sky in a deep steel, where the trees and the buildings look striking against the angry air. 

My favorite sweaters have always been grey.  I love the nip of cool air against a warm sweater and a well-loved pair of jeans.  The outfit is perfect for a fall walk where the wet trees drip in the breeze and shower the ground with crimson leaves.  A cup of hot coffee or tea is a welcome treat during an urban stroll along the avenue or after a trail exploration.

The Pacific Ocean flows in the full range of grey, and the foggy mist dulls the landscape into muted greens and browns.  I adore how the waves crash unforgivingly on the rocks, and how the sound of the ocean is enough to drown out the thoughts of my ever busy mind.  There is rarely release from the racing of my thoughts, so the ocean is a welcome harbor of peace.

So much beauty lies in grey.  Grey brings the beauty out of so much.  I hope that I am like grey.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is fun! Please leave me a note below to say hi!