Monday, April 30, 2012

My creative process-- ATCs

STEP 1
It is time to work on another set of Artist Trading Cards, and this time, I thought I would share my design process here.  Looking at the end product that someone shows is lovely, but a lot may be learned from the struggle that an artist goes through to create.

This set of cards is themed “Spring”, although I always use the theme very loosely.  This round is a little bittersweet because the group that I have participated in ATCs with had some upheaval, and I stepped away in the process. That leaves me with a group of people I love and dearly miss, with a melancholy feeling around the situation as a whole.  That and spring are divergent ideas at first glance.

In looking for something common between the two ideas, I find myself drawn to “hope”, “wish” or “growth”.  Both hope and growth fit nicely with a spring theme, so I am narrowing my card theme down to those two.  Flowers and blooming align with either, so I am going to look at my papers/embellishments/resources to see what it have.  I also want to include a hand-designed piece, so I am searching for a transparency to see if I can add a home-made rub on to the mix. 
Now with a theme, and an idea rumbling around, I am going to look at my resources, and see what I can do...
How do you start a project?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is fun! Please leave me a note below to say hi!