Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New year

A new year always is a time to take stock, appreciate what you have, and make plans to change what you don't like about your life. I struggle with resolutions because it seems like a recipe to fail. As you know, I'm not afraid to fail, but I'd like to be smarter about my goals this year.

I think my biggest problem is keeping momentum when life gets in the way. 2011 definitely found ways to give me lots of excuses, and ultimately, that's what they are. Instead of focusing on the negative, I'd like to share some of the wins in my failures.

- I walked a 5k. All of it. I'm not to pretend I am hard core, but the course looped across the finish line, and it would have been easy to stop, but I didn't.

- I got my crafty, artistic life awakened. I turned away from it when I had a rough patch, and it was a loss. This year, I sketched, painted, drew, scrapped, and learned to crochet. I am so grateful for the renewal of my artistic side.

- I am slightly more organized than last year. It isn't perfect, but it's better, and that's something.

- I lost a little weight. Enough for my pants not to fit. That's pretty cool.

- I've learned to try and let go of negativity and embrace positivity.

- I've made an effort to make sure the girls are in swim lessons, and they love it. We only missed when Cakes had a school concert.

Small wins. But mine. All mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sharing is fun! Please leave me a note below to say hi!